** Sagar Sandesh print version ceases to be published from December 31, 2017. New look E-paper would be available from Jan. 1, 2018 onwards. free of cost.**

New equipment inaugurated at Blood Transfusion Centre of RSPís Ispat General Hospital

Many new types of equipment namely a Plasma Freezer, 2 Intelligent Plasma expressors and 4 Blood bag strippers were inaugurated at the Blood Transfusion Centre of Ispat General Hospital of SAIL Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) by Dr.A.K.Singh, Director Incharge (M&HS) on 19th April. Dr.K.C.Mohanta, Director (M&HS) and many other senior doctors and officers were present on the occasion.  

 It is worth mentioning here that in the Blood Bank of IGH the blood is separated into various blood components and plasma component is used in various critical cases like burn injuries, bleeding cases, liver failure, plasma deficiency etc. However, only about 30% of the plasma is being utilised whereas the remaining 70% gets wasted because of its short shelf life. 

For gainful utilisation of these remaining plasma, IGH is going to enter into an MOU with  Reliance Life Sciences (RLS), which will be similar to the one between State Govt and  Reliance Life Sciences. According to the MoU IGH will be supplying surplus FFP(fresh frozen plasma) products to RLS and in return RLS will be paying money or critical blood bank equipments or supply dry plasma and Immunoglobulin ( for used in life saving conditions) to IGH.

 Before the MoU was signed RLS had supplied all these critical equipments to the Blood Transfusion Centre. The plasma freezer is a storage cabinet that maintains a temperature between minus 40 degree centigrade to minus 70 degree centigrade. The Plasma expressors separates plasma from blood while the strippers are used in stripping blood bags tubes. Dr.M.Soren, incharge BTC presented a demo of the functioning and advantages of the equipments in the inaugural function.

Disclaimer
Copyright © 2017 PORT TO PORT - Shipping Services Portal ( Sagar Sandesh ). All rights reserved.

Follow Us