** Sagar Sandesh print version ceases to be published from December 31, 2017. New look E-paper would be available from Jan. 1, 2018 onwards. free of cost.**

MIAL becomes the first Indian airport to receive CEIV Pharma

The Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), a joint venture between Airports Authority of India (AAI) and GVK, has become the first Indian airport and third in Asia to achieve the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Center of Excellence for Independent Validators (CEIV) Pharma certification.

MIAL has achieved this quality milestone for pharma logistics following successful completion of training courses, on-site assessment, and complex validation processes. Acknowledging the importance of this initiative, MIAL has initiated the certification process in a community approach manner together with its air cargo supply chain partners.

The IATA CEIV Pharma certification is introduced to prevent temperature excursions of pharma products during air transport with the key objective of patient safety and reduction of losses attributed to logistical issues. It aims to improve the handling of pharmaceutical cargo by complying with existing national and international regulations. The authorisation ensures seamless handling, adequately equipped facilities, safety & security, standardisation and transparency in the pharma supply chain across the air transport.

GVK is a majority stakeholder in MIAL with 74 percent stake while AAI holds the remaining 26 percent.


Disclaimer
Copyright © 2019 PORT TO PORT - Shipping Services Portal ( Sagar Sandesh ). All rights reserved.

Follow Us